Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oh, Oops.

Hmmm, I went to see a therapist today, for many reasons. The most prominent issue, though, is that I can't stop sleeping. I want to sleep all the time. This is weird for me. I usually sleep 7 hours a night, but lately I've wanted 15+.. And school is suffering. Also, food has become repulsive to me. I realized that I haven't eaten lately- the only times I eat is when I'm going through the social motions, and eating because it's what I'm supposed to do in given company, not because I'm hungry. Everything is gross, except bacon.

The wise and observant therapist asked what I ate yesterday. "Two handfuls of almonds, an egg, and some pickles. Oh, and a glass of soymilk." This morning, I tried to eat a whole PB&J and almost lost my stomach.

.... Oh, maybe that's why I'm exhausted and can't focus.

So now I have this very interesting behavior I'm supposed to be cultivating: Every hour, on the hour, while I'm awake, I'm supposed to eat something. Right now I'm having my 5pm snack of half of a small container of naked juice. I don't want it.

He is sure that within a week, my metabolism will speed back up, I'll be sleeping less, and able to focus again. Won't that be nice.

No comments: