Thursday, June 5, 2008

Irisi strikes out again

The past week has had some marvelous incidents in which I have been:

- stood up
- calmly rejected
- probably totally misinterpreted something somebody said and am now super embarrassed about
- canceled on (AGAIN)
- mostly ignored

.... All with different individuals.

I have a strong desire to say "I QUIT" with relationships. I am too shy to follow up on eye flirtations at the bookstore, as my wee little heart is feeling trampled on. And as I sip my wine (my sole companion on these hot summer nights), I wonder when life became so focused on relationships, and when I started pressuring myself to find a mate. I wonder if I am destined to be like Samantha on Sex and the City: always floating from casual partner to casual partner, 50 and single... And then I wonder: is that really such a bad fate?

No comments: